About Our Program
Our first-of-a-kind in the US Figure Skating Program features a unique approach……
The SSM Figure Skating Program combines a college preparatory academic program with intensive figure skating training. This unique program is intended to serve competitive student-athletes who are committed to a rigorous daily training schedule. The School offers the only integrated elite figure skating program along with challenging academics in a boarding school environment. Our commitment is to help guide our student-athletes to be better students, better athletes and better citizens.
World and Nationally Recognized Coaches
- Diana Ronayne, Director of Figure Skating and Coach: Former Director and Resident Coach at Colorado Springs World Arena, CO. Coach Ronayne brings to SSM years of experience in directing programs and coaching through international and world levels of skating. She has a strong belief in our unique model of combining academic and athletic excellence.
- Leslie Deason, Figure Skating Coach/Program Coordinator: Leslie Deason is our new program coordinator and competitive coach. She is a PSA Triple Master Rated Coach in Freestyle, Moves in the Field, and Program Director; US Figure Skating Technical Specialist in Singles; Official PSA Examiner of other directors/coaches across the country; and Level III Ranked by the Professional Figure Skating Association due to the success of her skaters at Regional, Sectional, National and most recently International Competitions.
- Our staff also includes full time nurses, athletic trainers, psychologists,
counselors, college counselors and off-ice strength and dance coaches.
We offer expert guidance to fully utilize our dance and conditioning programs.
- Two ice arenas, team locker rooms, two Pro-Motion harnesses,
VertiMax Jump Trainer, Dartfish Technology
- Indoor strength and conditioning facility
- Dance studio with ballet bars, mirrors, specialized flooring
- Two fully-equipped athletic training facilities with whirlpool/ice bath,
ultrasound and rehabilitation equipment and resources
All in One Place
- Academic and training program is located in one place
- Gives valuable time back to athletes
- Allows young athletes to experience “other” important aspects of life
- Individual development is enhanced through program continuity
- Long-term development of the athlete is emphasized
- Development program is consistent, comprehensive and accelerated
A Unique Approach
- Shattuck-St. Mary’s innovative program of combining excellence in
academics and intensive figure skating training is a pioneering concept
that offers student-athletes a new approach that doesn’t sacrifice college
preparation or figure skating dreams. It is also the unique opportunity to
be part of a team of individuals and have the opportunity to experience
other aspects of school life.